Woodstream 1079 32-Inch Live Animal Cage
Got some nuisance animals that are bigger than mice? If so, a typical mouse trap is not enough.
You will need to purchase a device that is large and sturdy enough to catch average-sized animals, protecting your home as well as the animals it traps.
In the best live trap category for rats and larger animals, it’s worth taking a closer look at the Woodstream 1079 32-Inch Live Animal Cage Trap.
Features of Woodstream 1079 32-Inch Live Animal Cage Trap
- It comes with handle guards and a solid door.
- It can catch nuisance animals like rats, stray cats, groundhogs, raccoons, and opossums.
- It comes with a trigger rod placed outside the trap.
- Its wire mesh is resistant to rust and has steel reinforcements.
- It has small mesh openings.
- It comes with smoothed internal edges.
- It captures nuisance animals fast due to its spring loaded door and sensitive triggers.
- It is escape-proof which is made possible by its small mesh openings. It also has the capacity to protect bait from being stolen.
- It helps prevent undesired catches; it works well for specific sizes specifically those of stray cats, groundhogs, opossums, and raccoons.
- It is rust- and corrosion-resistant; thanks to its sturdy wire mesh with steel reinforcements.
- With the trigger rod located outside the trap, the product is protected from being damaged.
- It keeps the owner protected during transportation thanks to its solid door and handle guards.
- It does not hurt caught animals thanks to its smoothed internal edges.
- It has a great construction.
- It is durable and long-lasting.
- It is easy to operate.
- It has a good physical appearance.
- It generally works great.
- It comes with a good price.
- It may not suit larger animals.
- It tends to have some minor issues with its steel guard’s width.
Looking at the details above, it is clear that the Woodstream 1079 32-Inch Live Animal Cage Trap has a lot of good things to offer. It provides convenience as it is easy to operate. It is of high quality as well and comes with a good physical appearance. It is likewise inexpensive. Meanwhile, this animal cage trap is a good choice for those who do not want to harm the caught animals.
After trapping a stray cat, for instance, you can release it in a safe place far away from your home. Also, the trigger rod does not get damaged for it is located outside the trap. Lastly, this product has the capacity to remain intact as you transport the animal due to its handle guards and solid door. As for the disadvantages, the users might experience some minor issues regarding the steel guard’s width and trapping bigger animals.
With all the qualities discussed above, is this cage trap worth a buyer’s time, effort, and money? Our answer is yes.
As you have learned, the product has a lot of benefits to offer including its high quality. It may have some limitations and problems but they are just minor ones that are easy to deal with.
And if you have identified your pest as a mouse or rat, we recommend taking a look at the AB Traps Live Cage as an alternative; it’s smaller in size so easier to position and importantly when dealing with the rodent once trapped.
- Constructed of sturdy rust-resistant wire mesh with steel reinforcements for long life and galvanized for maximum resistance to rust and corrosion
- Mesh openings of our groundhog traps are smaller than competing traps of comparable size to prevent escapes and stolen bait.
- Spring loaded door and sensitive triggers ensure quick, secure captures that target the specific animal's size, eliminating undesired catches.
- Solid door and handle guards protect users during transportation, while smoothed internal edges protect and prevent injuries to animals. Trigger rod is located outside of the trap so animal cannot damage it while in the trap
Common Mouse Trap Mistakes
Setting a trap is not as easy as it seems to be. Numerous people fail to do it quickly and effectively. For your reference, here are some common mistakes that you should avoid when using a trap:
Using the wrong bait
Trying to catch a sneaky mouse? While some TV cartoons may have taught you that cheese would be a great bait, that is not the case in real life. Mice love nuts and seeds; therefore, the best bait would be peanut butter or other types of nut spread. Also, you can lure mice to traps with materials like yarn or cotton balls. This is best done during cold days when they focus on building nests.
Touching the bait with bare hands
When preparing the bait, make sure not to touch it with your bare hands as mice can detect your scent and just stay away. The best thing you could do is wear gloves when handling the trap.
Setting in the wrong place
To catch a mouse, make sure to put the trap in areas where they are most active. No, it’s not in open areas but along the walls and darker areas of your home. It is best to place your trap in hidden areas; for instance, at the back of your cabinets.
Using only a few mouse traps
The truth is mice have the capacity to produce a lot of babies in a short span of time. For this, you need to set more than a few mouse traps in your household; you may want to put one every two feet along the wall where there are visible signs of activity.
Failing to be patient
In everything you do, you should not expect instant results. This is especially true when you are just starting. When it comes to catching some mice, it may take a number of tries before you finally succeed. Needless to say, it pays to be patient.